The creation of One Blue Marble was inspired by the range of amazing work being done by organisations working to help the environment. It was an irresistible challenge to help as many as possible, and in the process enable each client to benefit from this collective approach.
One Blue Marble’s client portfolio includes:
The world’s first green energy company, Helen served as Ecotricity Ambassador for nine years before making the leap into her own company. Dale Vince, Ecotricity Founder, was the first to invite One Blue Marble to help increase the organisation’s fan base and general reach, as an extension of the work she had already started at the company. One Blue Marble is responsible for:
- Delivery of presentations and attending face-to-face meetings – to spread the word and mission of Ecotricity.
- Planning and delivery of in-house events that boost staff connectivity and internal communications.
- Creation of the Green Britain Partnership network. This harnesses hundreds of ethical companies working to better the environment, resulting in increased reach for all brands, while putting Ecotricity front and centre.
- Connecting other organisations and individuals – to build and establish partnerships.
- As Trustee of Ecotricity’s charity, the Green Britain Foundation, Helen manages the governance, financial planning, strategy development and delivery of the charity’s goals.
As the world’s greenest football club – a title given to Forest Green by FIFA, it’s the club’s mission to turn the sporting world green (as well as to reach the Premiership!). Helen was FGR’s CEO for their first season in the Football League and has continued to support them since building her business. As FGR is one of Dale Vince’s companies, FGR and Ecotricity activities often overlap. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the strategic direction and governance of FGR’s charitable Trust, FGR Community.
- Ensuring EFL Trust and charity commission compliance.
- Running Sustainability in Sport – a charity co-founded by Dale Vince and Gary Neville, aimed at inspiring and embedding sustainability across the entire sports world, globally.
- To build and nurture partnerships with like-minded organisations. Notably, this has included partnerships between FGR and brands such as Oatly, Quorn and Faith in Nature to name just a few.
Sea Shepherd was founded in 1977 to put an end to the slaughter of wildlife and destruction of habitat in the world’s oceans, a cause that aligns with One Blue Marble’s mission. Helen first met SSUK through her work with Forest Green Rovers, where an organic partnership was born. It was a natural fit when Helen was asked to join the team to lead on SSUK’s reach, income, and impact. The work includes:
- Partnership development and relationship management – to increase reach.
- Fundraising support – developing packages for support, prospecting research, supporting funder stewardship activity and increasing fundraising capacity.
- High level influencer and celebrity engagement – to increase SSUK’s support.
- Comparative research into other charity fundraising and awareness-raising activities – with a focus on adapting to future Generation Z aspirations.
- Supporting SSUK’s approach to upgrading their education resources.
The Sustainable Food Trust is working to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable food and farming system. One Blue Marble has significant experience in the organic food and farming sector, hence Helen is right at home when supporting the organisation. The body of work includes:
- Fundraising – drafting bids, researching funders (trusts, individuals and corporates), reporting and stewardship.
- Communications – assisting with website and campaign content.
- Events – organising and delivering conferences and events.
- Relationship management – ensuring the highest level of stewardship to ensure all friends and funders feel valued, empowered and listened to.
Catalyse Change is empowering and supporting young women (aged 16-24) to develop sustainability skills and knowledge. The CIC’s overarching goal is to help young women achieve a ‘healthy, happy and green’ career. One Blue Marble is passionate about this cause and ploughs enormous energy into:
- Mentoring – guiding and monitoring the organisation’s strategic direction and delivery.
- Fundraising – supporting partner developments and stewardship of them.
- Non-Executive directorship – supporting the organisation’s governance and financial fitness.
The Health and Wellbeing Trust aims to improve the nation’s health through the teaching of affordable, effective, and sustainable healthcare solutions to doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals and the public. The charity is engaging the world’s best holistic thinkers and teachers, harvesting and preserving their wisdom to pass on to the next generation. The interconnectedness of food, farming, the ocean and health and how this all culminates in a green, clean way of living is what has inspired Helen to help HWT with their:
- Relationship building – informing, inspiring and connecting people with the charity’s cause.
- Fundraising – setting the fundraising strategy and managing it’s delivery.
- Campaigning – establishing and delivering a ‘Clean, Green Living’ campaign.
- Partnership development – connecting sustainably-focussed organisations with the regenerative health movement, through mutually benefical affiiliations.
Positive News is the magazine for good journalism about good things, which is greatly needed when much of the media is full of doom and gloom! This brilliantly produced quarterly magazine is the one to sign up to for quality, independent reporting about what’s going right. One Blue Marble is helping:
- Connect the partnership team with some of the leading sustainably focussed businesses out there, to support the development and content of the magazine
- Share the opportunity for brands making a real difference in the world to join the Positive News ‘Brands of Inspiration’ family.
Cardiff University’s Business School – in December 2020 Helen joined Cardiff Business School as a Public Value Entrepreneur in Residence (Entrepreneur Preswyl Gwerth Cyhoeddus) to support the School’s aim to make a positive impact in the community of Wales and the World. Helen is actively involved in their sustainability public value strategy, helping students and staff understand and further adopt regenerative practices.
Previous Clients include:
Avon Wildlife Trust – protecting wildlife in the county of Avon. Helen acted as Interim Director for Fundraising and Communications. This involved developing and delivering the organisation’s fundraising strategy, building networks and guiding the internal Communications and Membership functions to increase reach and income.
The Galapagos Conservation Trust – supporting conservation projects and raising awareness of Galapagos conservation both in the UK and in Ecuador. Helen was responsible for developing a Case for Support for the Trust’s Tackling Plastics Project in the Galapagos Islands.
City to Sea – One Blue Marble added a splash to the team by connecting other like-minded organisations and individuals to develop partnerships. This was done by working with internal partnership and communications teams. We also offered ongoing advice and support for the development of bids and approaches to funders.
PlanetSHINE – One Blue Marble was connecting individuals and companies with this this digital platform, providing the opportunity for them to share their change-making sustainable and ethical stories, with an audience being inpsired to live life to the full!