The creation of One Blue Marble was inspired by the range of amazing work being done by organisations working to help the environment. It was an irresistible challenge to help many out there, and in the process enable each client to benefit from this collective approach.
One Blue Marble’s client portfolio includes:
The world’s first green energy company, Helen served as Ecotricity Ambassador for nine years before making the leap into her own company. Dale Vince, Ecotricity Founder, was the first to invite One Blue Marble to help increase the organisation’s fan base and general reach, as an extension of the work she had already started at the company. One Blue Marble is responsible for:
- Delivery of presentations and attending face-to-face meetings – to spread the word and mission of Ecotricity.
- Planning and delivery of in-house events that boost staff connectivity and internal communications.
- Creation of the Green Britain Partnership network. This harnesses hundreds of ethical companies working to better the environment, resulting in increased reach for all brands, while putting Ecotricity front and centre.
- Connecting other organisations and individuals – to build and establish partnerships.
- As Trustee of Ecotricity’s charity, the Green Britain Foundation, Helen manages the governance, financial planning, strategy development and delivery of the charity’s goals.
As the world’s greenest football club – a title given to Forest Green by FIFA, it’s the club’s mission to turn the sporting world green (as well as to reach the Premiership!). Helen was FGR’s CEO for their first season in the Football League and has continued to support them since building her business. As FGR is one of Dale Vince’s companies, FGR and Ecotricity activities often overlap. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the strategic direction and governance of FGR’s charitable Trust, FGR Community.
- Ensuring EFL Trust and charity commission compliance.
- Running Sustainability in Sport – a charity co-founded by Dale Vince and Gary Neville, aimed at inspiring and embedding sustainability across the entire sports world, globally.
- To build and nurture partnerships with like-minded organisations. Notably, this has included partnerships between FGR and brands such as Oatly, Quorn and Faith in Nature to name just a few.
Sea Shepherd was founded in 1977 to put an end to the slaughter of wildlife and destruction of habitat in the world’s oceans, a cause that aligns with One Blue Marble’s mission. Helen first met SSUK through her work with Forest Green Rovers, where an organic partnership was born. It was a natural fit when Helen was asked to join the team to lead on SSUK’s reach, income, and impact. The work includes:
- Partnership development and relationship management – to increase reach.
- Fundraising support – developing packages for support, prospecting research, supporting funder stewardship activity and increasing fundraising capacity.
- High level influencer and celebrity engagement – to increase SSUK’s support.
- Comparative research into other charity fundraising and awareness-raising activities – with a focus on adapting to future Generation Z aspirations.
- Supporting SSUK’s approach to upgrading their education resources and sharing them with like-minded organisations.
The Sustainable Food Trust is working to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable food and farming system. One Blue Marble has significant experience in the organic food and farming sector, hence Helen is right at home when supporting the organisation. The body of work includes:
- Fundraising – drafting bids, researching funders (trusts, individuals and corporates), reporting and stewardship.
- Communications – assisting with website and campaign content.
- Events – organising and delivering conferences and events.
Catalyse Change is empowering and supporting young women (aged 16-24) to develop sustainability skills and knowledge. The CIC’s overarching goal is to help young women achieve a ‘healthy, happy and green’ career. One Blue Marble is passionate about this cause and ploughs enormous energy into:
- Mentoring – guiding and monitoring the organisation’s strategic direction and delivery.
- Fundraising – supporting partner developments and stewardship of them.
- Non-Executive directorship – supporting the organisation’s governance and financial fitness.
PlanetSHINE is a digital platform and creative agency aimed at inspiring wide support for sustainable and ethical living practices. They do this through featuring top brands and individuals on their platform. One Blue Marble loves helping the team:
- Engage individuals and companies with inspiring stories to tell, helping to create inspiring visual content.
- Increase the organisation’s income through helping develop funding packages.
Previous clients include:
Avon Wildlife Trust – protecting wildlife in the county of Avon. Helen acted as Interim Director for Fundraising and Communications. This involved developing and delivering the organisation’s fundraising strategy, building networks and guiding the internal Communications and Membership functions to increase reach and income.
The Galapagos Conservation Trust – supporting conservation projects and raising awareness of Galapagos conservation both in the UK and in Ecuador. Helen was responsible for developing a Case for Support for the Trust’s Tackling Plastics Project in the Galapagos Islands.
City to Sea – One Blue Marble added a splash to the team by connecting other like-minded organisations and individuals to develop partnerships. This was done by working with internal partnership and communications teams. We also offered ongoing advice and support for the development of bids and approaches to funders.